Topic: An EasyCard
The EasyCard, the smart card used in the Taipei MRT system, is pronounced as “yo-yo card” in
Chinese. You can buy one from any convenience stores like 7-Eleven, or FamilyMart. They are
also available at information centers or charging machines at subway stations. An EasyCard is
NT$100, and you can add value to the card. After getting an EasyCard, you can start to use it to
pay for your bus and subway fares. Just swipe the card when you get on the bus or get into the
subway station. Don’t worry if you accidentally swipe your card too many times. The EasyCard
is very smart, and it only charges what it needs to.
The EasyCard is more than just a transportation card--you can also use it to pay for shopping at
convenience stores, just like your credit or debit card.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
Don’t worry if ...
--Don't worry if you have had a bad day.
--Don't worry if you can't finish all the questions.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. pronounce [prəˈnaʊns] (v.) 發（音）
2. available [əˈveləbəl] (adj.) 可獲得的；可用的
3. charging machine [tʃɑrdʒɪŋ məˈʃin] (n.) 加/儲值機
4. add [æd] (v.) 加，相加
5. value [ˈvælju] (n.) 價值；價格
6. fare [fɛr] (n.) 車費；車票價
7. swipe [swaɪp] (v.) 刷（信用卡等磁卡）；（手指在螢幕上）滑動
8. accidentally [ˌæksəˈdɛnt̬əlɪ] (adv.) 偶然地；意外地
9. debit [ˈdɛbɪt] (v.) 借項
10. transportation [ˌtrænspɚˈteʃən] (n.) 運輸，運送，輸送