Topic: The Night Market
Night markets have been a big part of the culture in Taiwan. Visiting a night market should be on
your to-do list because, in Taiwan, the best nightlife is found in food markets.
The Shilin Night Market is one of the largest and most famous night markets in Taipei. It’s about
a 5-minute walk from MRT Jiantan Station, very easy to get to. This night market can give you
an idea of the looks and the tastes of many typical Taiwanese night market snack foods: bubble
tea, fried buns, and the traditional Taiwanese treat, stinky tofu. Once you’re done eating, head out
of the food court and enjoy the rest of the market. It’s also a great place to shop for souvenirs or
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
It’s about a 5-minute walk from ...
-- It's about a 5-minute walk from the subway station.
-- It's about a 10-minute walk from here to there.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. culture [ˈkʌltʃɚ] (n.) 文化（某群體或時期普遍的風俗習慣和信仰）
2. to-do list [təˈdu ˌlɪst] (n.) 待辦事項
3. nightlife [ˈnaɪtlaɪf] (n.) 夜生活
4. get to (phr.) 到達
5. typical [ˈtɪpɪkəl] (adj.) 典型的
6. snack [snæk] (n.) 小吃，點心
7. bubble [ˈbʌbəl] (n.) 泡；氣泡；泡沫
8. bun [bʌn] (n.) 小圓麵包；小圓甜蛋糕
9. traditional [trəˈdɪʃənəl] (adj.) 傳統的
10. food court [ˈfud ˌkɔrt ] (n.) 美食廣場