Topic: Pearl milk tea & bubble tea
Bubble tea shops are everywhere in Taiwan. Bubble tea, also pearl milk tea or boba milk tea, can
be said to be one of the most iconic drinks in Taiwan. It is a Taiwanese tea-based drink, which is
said to have been invented in tea shops in Taichung during the early 1980s. “Pearl” means the
chewy tapioca balls commonly added to the drink. Besides the most popular bubble milk tea,
there are many variants of the drinks.
There are two major kinds of bubble tea shops: one is to-go shops, where customers can buy tea
drinks to go, while the other is bubble tea house, where you can sit and enjoy bubble tea and
many other variations on the extensive menu.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
be said to ...
-- The man is said to be a thief.
-- He is said to have been very rich in the past
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. iconic [aɪˈkɑnɪk] (adj.) 符號的；（某觀點或某時代）非常出名的
2. invent [ɪnˈvɛnt] (v.) 發明，創造
3. chewy [ˈtʃuɪ] (adj.) （食物）耐嚼的，嚼不爛的
4. tapioca [ˌtæpiˈokə] (n.) 木薯粉
5. commonly [ˈkɑmənlɪ] (adv.) 經常地；普通地
6. (be) added to (phr.) 被添加到
7. variant [ˈvɛriənt ] (n.) 變體；變種；變形
8. customer [ˈkʌstəmɚ] (n.) 顧客
9. variation [ˌvɛriˈeʃən] (n.) 變化；變動
10. extensive [ɪkˈstɛnsɪv] (adj.) 廣闊的，大面積的；覆蓋範圍廣的