Question: Talk about your family and how close you are.
I have a great extended family with aunts and uncles and cousins spread out all over the world. My grandmom is the oldest of six, so she had lots of brothers and sisters. We try to get together once in a while and keep in touch through telephone or some other Internet means. But the real joy of my life is my immediate family with my parents and my brother. We are very close and usually spend time together on the weekend. We often go for a walk together, do the grocery shopping in the mall, and sometimes watch a movie in the movie theater.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
1. I have a big / small extended family with + noun(s).
I have a small extended family with 3 aunts and 3 cousins on my father’s side.
2. … is the oldest / youngest of + number of siblings.
I’m the youngest of three. My father is the oldest of five.
3. We keep in touch over / through …
My brother and I keep in touch through video chats.
We keep in touch over Internet calls.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. extended family [ɪkˋstɛndɪdˋfæməlɪ ] (n.) 大家庭
2. spread out (phr.) （人）散開
3. all over the world (phr.) 世界各地
4. get together (phr.) 相聚，聚會
5. once in a while (phr.) 偶爾
6. keep in touch (phr.) 保持連繫
7. means [minz] (n.) 方法，手段
8. immediate family [ɪˋmidɪɪt fæməlɪ] (n.) 直系親屬（如父母、子女、配偶等）