Question: What do you usually do on weekends? What are your weekends like?
My weekend routine is different from my weekday routine. I'm usually very tired during the weekdays, so
I'll try to get as much sleep as possible. But once I get up, I'll try go out, have brunch with my family or
meet some friends.
In the afternoon, I usually help around the house and maybe do some grocery shopping. If I have nothing
special to do, we might watch a movie together, as a family, in the afternoon.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
1. ..., so ...
We were bored, so we left.
2. … as … as possible
I need the money as soon as possible.
Helen always does as little work as possible.
3. If I have nothing special to do, …
If I have nothing special to do, I often hang out with my friends.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. weekend [ˋwikˋɛnd] (n.) 週末
2. weekday [ˋwik͵de] (n.) 平日；工作日
3. routine [ruˋtin] (n.) 例行公事；日常工作
4. (be) different from (phr.) 與...不一樣
5. tired [taɪrd] (adj.) 疲倦的[（+from/with）]
6. brunch [brʌntʃ] (n.) 早午餐
7. meet [mit] (v.) 遇見；碰上
8. help around the house (phr.) 幫忙家務
9. grocery [ˋgrosərɪ] (n.)[C] 食品雜貨(店)
10. special [ˋspɛʃəl] (adj.) 特別的；專門的