Question: Do you like cooking? Talk about cooking at home.
I really like cooking. I sometimes prepare a special meal for family or friends. I think that cooking for
somebody is your way of showing affection to them. Every now and then, I try to cook at home--it can be
a very enjoyable experience. I would first gather everything I need, chop things, smell all the food that
I’m cooking, boil it in a pot, and wait for it. I think that cooking is a really pleasant thing to do.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
1. I really like ...
I really like learning English.
I really like what you've done.
2. I think that … is a way of …
I think that it is a useful way of looking at it.
3. every now and then ...
Every now and then, they'll have a beer together.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. prepare [prɪˋpɛr] (v.) 準備；使……準備好
2. meal [mil] (n.) 膳食；一餐
3. affection [əˋfɛkʃən] (n.) 愛，情愛[U][（+for/towards）]
4. every now and then (phr.) 偶爾，有時
5. enjoyable [ɪnˋdʒɔɪəb!] (adj.) 使人快樂的
6. experience [ɪkˋspɪrɪəns] (n.) 經驗，體驗
7. gather [ˋgæðɚ] (v.) 收集；召集
8. chop [tʃɑp] (v.) 剁碎，切碎
9. boil [bɔɪl] (v.) 煮沸，燒開
10. pot [pɑt] (n.) 罐；壺；鍋
11. pleasant [ˋplɛzənt] (adj.) 令人愉快的；舒適的